When The Blue Ribbon Project was founded, one of the key principles in mind was the recognition of volunteers and their support of the community. The fight against child abuse and the support of children in our community is what we stand for. This "community effort" is a vital part of our mission and our foundation.
With busy lives, it can be hard to find time to volunteer. However, the benefits of volunteering are enormous to you, your family, and your community. What better way to help the community than to help abused and neglected children right here in our community? Aside from helping the community, volunteering can also help you to reduce stress, find friends, reach out to the community, learn new skills, and even advance your career. Giving to others can also help protect your mental and physical health.
The Blue Ribbon Project has an ongoing need for volunteers. Typically, volunteers come and join us for "Volunteer Days". During a Volunteer Day, we sort through incoming donations as well as build Backpacks of Love. We also have a variety of other areas in which your help is needed. This can include assisting with events and fundraisers, working within our offices, and helping with other activities.
Additionally, we welcome families to join our Volunteer Days. Children watch everything you do. By giving back to the community, you show them firsthand how volunteering makes a difference and how good it feels to help other people, especially other children their age. It’s also a valuable way for you to get to know your community and find activities for your children and family.
Some additional benefits from volunteering with The Blue Ribbon Project:
- It's a great way for youth to receive community service credits required for school (families are invited to our Volunteer Days)
- It's a great way to make a difference in the lives of abused and neglected children right here in our community
- It's a great way to make new friends and to meet people with similar goals
- It's a great way to reduce stress and to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life
- It's a great way to bring fulfillment into your life
- It's a great way to help in healing for adult survivors of abuse and neglect
- It's a great way to spruce up your job resume
If you would like to be a part of The Blue Ribbon Project and volunteer your time, we'd love to have you as a part of it. Please take a moment to fill out this Short Volunteer Registration Form. Once registered, we'll send out updates for volunteer opportunities and events. Upcoming Volunteer Days can also be found on our ““Upcoming Events”” page.
The Blue Ribbon Project also has a Volunteer Leadership Team. The Blue Ribbon Project's Leadership Team is a core group of volunteers that work regularly with the various programs offered by The Blue Ribbon Project. For more information on our Leadership Team, please --CLICK HERE--.